OTO 127/64 LW
The OTO 127/64 LW - VULCANO System consists of four key sub-systems:
- Medium caliber OTO 127/64 LW Gun assembly
- Automated Ammunition Handling System
- Naval Fire Control Support
- OTO VULCANO family of ammunition
The OTO 127/64 LW - VULCANO is a state-of-the-art medium caliber gun suitable for installation on large and medium size ships and intended for surface fire and naval gunfire support as main role and anti-aircraft fire as secondary role. The compactness of the gun feeding system makes installation possible on narrow section vessels.
It is equipped with a modular feeding magazine, composed by 4 drums with 14 ready to fire ammunition each, reloadable during firing, and highly flexible in terms of selection of ammunition, independently from their position in the drums. Ammunition flow is reversible as rounds can be downloaded automatically. The OTO 127/64 LW - VULCANO can fire all standard 127mm/5 inch ammunition as well as the new OTO VULCANO family of ammunition.
It has digital/analogical interface and ballistic calculation capabilities that allow a smooth integration with any Combat Management System.
- Technical Specifications
- Rate of fire: 120 rds/min
- Dry Weight (without ammunition): 7900 kg
- Training arc (with slip ring): Unlimited
- Elevation arc: -15° to +85°
- Training speed/acceleration max: 60°/sec (72°/sec2)
- Elevation speed/acceleration: 35°/sec (72°/sec2)
- Ready-to-fire-rounds: 80 (on gun mount)
- Range (max): 16000 m standard ammo, 20000 m with extended range OTO SAPOMER Ammunition, 40000 m with guided long range (GLR), OTO Vulcano 76 ammo (in development)
- Cooling system: Sea water-fresh water for flushing
- Electrical power supply: 440 V, 3 -phase, 60 Hz, main circuit, 115 V, I -phase, 400 Hz, servo and synchro network