Very Long Range Surveillance and Target Acquisition System
NERIO-VLR is a modular Electro-Optical (EO) Surveillance, Target Acquisition (STA), and Reconnaissance system designed to satisfy a broad range of current and emerging customer requirements.
- Mobile STA and Reconnaissance
- Border security and Critical National Infrastructure protection
- Coastal surveillance
- Air Defense and Counter-UAS
The NERIO-VLR boasts a two axis Pan and Tilt head with a high reliability slip ring to provide a continuous 360° by ± 60° Field of Regard. It can optionally operate in a multi-point tracking mode utilizing a closed loop low latency embedded video auto-tracker. NERIO-VLR utilizes the SLX SuperHawk Thermal Imaging (TI) camera for provision of a 24 hr operational capability, with 21.5° to 1.5° zoom field-of-view.
- Key Features and Benefits
- Technical Specifications
Gyro-stabilized EO payload
Enables operation on fixed installation and optimised performance in mast/tower mounted applications.
Field of Regard: Continuous 360° x ±60°
Provides a solution for ultra-long-range surveillance and target identification and geolocation.
SLX SuperHawk thermal imager
High definition performance coupled with a full range continuous 21.5° to 1.5° zoom lens enabling high performance, 24 hr operation.
Modular payload architecture
Enables the NERIO-VLR system level capability to be optimized for customer specific cost, capability, and performance needs and accommodate special-to-role payloads for specific operational applications.
Open-standards, IP based control interfaces
Enables NERIO-VLR to be easily interfaced with customer specific security or mission system solutions, including the network enabled operation.
Enables NERIO-VLR to be utilized against a broad range of operational requirements across a global environment, including static or mobile and land or coastal environments.
40,000 hour long life cooling engine of the SLX Superhawk camera enables extended maintenance free operation with high reliability.
- Video Autotracker
- Control, display, and deployment solutions
- Special-to-role EO sensor configurations for bespoke customer requirements
- Lower SWaP-C SLX SuperHawk camera variant
Gyro Stabilized Head
- Field of regard: Continuous 360° x ±60°
- Angular speed: 120°/s (max)
- Pointing accuracy: 0.056° 1σ in both axis
- Stabilization performance: 200 μrad (1σ)
- Integrated GPS
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 (720 p)
- Operating waveband: 3 μm to 5 μm
- Optical field of view: Continuous zoom: 21.5° to 1.5° (horizontal)
- Autofocus: On demand
- Channels: TI and Day Camera
Color Day TV Camera
- Resolution: 1280 x 720
- Optical field of view: Continuous zoom: 9.3° to 0.28° (horizontal)
- Auto focus: On-demand and zoom triggered
- Laser type: Er Glass
- Laser safety: Class 1
- Wavelength: 1540 nm
- Range: 80 m to 20 km
- Accuracy: ±5 m (1σ)
System and Environmental
- Power supply: 18 V – 32 V DC
- Operating temperature range: -32°C to +71°C