Assembly Planning Manager (Master Scheduler)
Assembly Planning Manager to work for a High-Tech Semiconductor Manufacturer in Tucson, AZ.
- The Assembly Planning Manager will focus on identifying opportunities to align supply to demand, manage future forecasted supply constraints, and develop long term supply strategies to support growth plans.
- Working independently to plan, establish and maintain production schedules
- Weekly planning demand/capacity cycle for the plant
- Analyze demand input, capacity planning, initiate corrective/preventative actions, validate demand output.
- Meet customer demand and inventory requirements.
- Provide assistance to other Materials personnel.
- Independently oversee material inputs into key programs, provide periodic material and cost impact analysis.
- Issue purchase requisitions in support of manufacturing requirements using MRP system.
- Work closely with Management to manage the Material aspects of key programs.
- Prepare spreadsheet and document reports to management as necessary or requested.
- Attend and represent the department at any Operations or Engineering meetings.
- Act as the MRP liaison between Production Control, Engineering and Operations for the ERP system.
- Responsible for master date maintenance to ensure correct material BOM s and routings are entered into the ERP system.
- Facilitate the timely change, approval and release of product documentation data for new product release to include ECN s and product modifications to material and product BOM and Routing files, including other Master data information in the ERP system.
- Assist in the material movement process from receiving, through incoming inspection, master stores and shipping. Work with Supply Chain to establish/maintain point of use and manage kit flow to production floor.
- Gather support date to establish Work Order release schedules. Assist in the investigation of schedule impacts and support resulting corrective action(s).
- Collaborate with other operating departments to ensure a smooth flow of product through the manufacturing cycle and resolve open issues.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring inventories, managing production schedule, Work in Process (WIP) and inventory levels to support the sales forecast and inventory plan.
- Work closely with Fab Operations staff to ensure that all resources are properly allocated and assigned to support prototype jobs.
- Lead cross – functional initiatives to meet department goals and objectives.
- Actively participate in definition of deployment of critical planning system tools and best practice techniques throughout the Business Unit.
- Participate in continuous process improvement initiatives at the department level and cross-functionally.
- Assume complete front and back ownership for all assigned projects.
- Conduct routine analysis and maintenance of ERP and planning system data attributes.
- Partner with the demand planning thorough cross functional collaboration and NPI project status, key project deliverables and timely and accurate disposition of Excess and Obsolescence material.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of key team performance and productivity metrics.
- Provide Key statistical and performance input as well as recommendations for future objectives to management for use in Quarterly Business Review presentations.
- Bachelors degree in Operations Research, Supply Chain, Logistics or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in active production planning/procurement in an electromechanical environment using MRP software, proficiency with Microsoft Office are also required. Familiarity with ERP is a plus.
- 3+ years experience in Inventory Management.
- Experience working with ERP, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal communication, interpersonal and analytical skills needed.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Use of Siemens APS process a plus.
The above description includes most significant duties performed. However, other work assignments not mentioned are assumed included and would be in conformity with the value assigned to this position.